August 10, 2008

Bawa teaches me Advt & Mkt. !!!

To start with, Bawa (Khurshed Batliwala) is Art of Living teacher who teaches meditation. He is also loves technology and makes the most use of it. I am really thankful that I have met a super-man like bawa! This post is dedicated to my beloved teacher; Bawa! Just two months back, I did not own a blog. Bawa just told me that I should have a blog and it should be managed regularly. I did not ask whether I would gain from it in anyway. I knew that if bawa has asked me to start a blog, then it has will make a big positive difference in my life. I started the blog with a welcome note. I told only my 5 best friends and no one else, that I have started a blog. Ironically, those 5 friends have not yet visited my blog. But now I get 5.11 visits/day from all over the world and as on Aug 10 I had 143 visits from the day I started to track my blog (July 14, 08). Also 74.82% of the visitors use the best internet browser: Firefox. 44.06% of the visitors are unique visitors (first-time visitors)... Phew! Last Fortnight the same stats were; 3.27 visits/day with a total of 49 visitors, 34.69% of them were the new visitors. Running a blog which is one of the million blogs and gaining popularity is not a joke! Bawa guided me how to advertise, without shelling out a single paisa. I learn't to market my blog too... I joined entre-card, got a RSS Feed for my blog, added star-rating for those who are lazy to write a comment, added a Google Custom search on my blog! Also I learn't more of CSS, XML, and other amazing languages used in the web-world. AND MOST importantly, it keeps me on my toes as I have to be well-read to write good & interesting posts. Woww! Thank you, Bawa. Now my blog really rocks... I really feel good about it. P.S. After attending the workshop on Financial Literacy by Bawa, I have decided to write fabulous posts on Economics and Finance (which I am really good at... hehehe!). This will be once a week mostly on Saturdays. Do read them and PLEASE write some comments. Jai Gurudeva! -- O.A.K. Tree Note: The above stats are taken from the Google Analytics which keeps tracks of the visits to your blog and generated mind-boggling reports!

3 response:

Unknown said...

hi oak tree
ty for the praise, but it was you who DID it! :) ... Keep up the good work!
btw, how do you get affiliate points from firefox?
you could mail me with that answer or post it on your blog
Jai Gurudeva!
love
bawa

RBK..!! said...

kya baat hai man..sahi hai!!! bingo!! u got a comment from Bawa!! bas na aur kya mangta hai life mein!!

Faith Lasts said...

Same story here fellow..
Inspired to blog by bawa.
Can't wait to read your articles on Financial literacy.
Keep on posting
Jai Gurudev

Post a Comment