November 14, 2009

What's the value of your "Peace of Mind"??? Part I

Guruji has no need to test us, because he knows us very well. However, he puts us in such a position where we start doubting his divine existence? At times of trouble we pray hard, but prayers seem to be unheard by HIM. But no! HE is there to take care of even the silliest of the blunders we commit. The situation he puts us in always has a lifeboat. At anytime you feel you cannot handle it anymore, all you need to do is surrender. He takes care of the rest! That’s his “Role”. To make you realize that you are nothing without him. To make you realize that you are everything with him!


An incident that happened with me, yesterday, is just an example of what you just read above. I play guitar at Satsangs. One of the YES!+ teacher and close friend of mine, Ravi Kadam, asked me meet him at the Dombivli Station by 6:45pm so that we could go together for Satsang. The Satsang was at Kalyan, just two stations next to Dombivli. We both had train tickets and were waiting on the platform for the train. The slow train was so slow that, it seemed to take eternity to arrive. On the fast track, a train, “relatively empty” just passed by. Then a train arrived, “L'horrible: Ambernath Local”. It was so crowded that the ribs would have got crushed and our Bon Ami Ravi persuaded me to board the Ambernath Local.

The crowd was hostile. It was so much packed that even an ant would have found it difficult to pass through. And to my sheer craziness I boarded the train with my delicate piece of wood called guitar. The next challenge was to move from the one end of the door to the opposite end as the platform of Kalyan was to come on the other end. But my movement was restricted by the guitar I carried. I clutched my guitar with dear life. I made a barricade of flesh and bones to avoid the mindless people from throwing their obnoxious weight on the guitar. To my utter disappointment, I could not get down at Kalyan. I could not even move an inch forward. Then I decided to get down at the next station Vitthalwadi. But my fate had something else in store. The situation repeated. I moved partly towards the other end but could not get down. The train moved. Now I had to get down at Ulhasnagar. I prepared myself to get down at least at this station. Somehow, the divine grace (Read the Maddening crowd) managed to purge me out of the train. I almost tumbled out with my guitar.

The first thing I did after getting down at Ulhasnagar was to check the condition of the guitar, Any Torsioned “nuts”?... Sprained “neck”?... Cracks or ruptures on the body?... Any broken Strings?... NO!
But that had no effect on my boiling blood. In my mind, world war III had started. I already had some "problematic issues" with Ravi which I wanted to discuss and sort out with him. Frankly they were unresolved till that time. Over and above that, despite knowing that fact that the Kalyan local (The train which took eternity to arrive) would have deposited us directly to Kalyan, he took me on a hell ride in Ambernath local. My mind began to think how selfish Ravi was. He conveniently got down at Kalyan and left me in distress with my guitar. I knew he would not wait for me much and would walk off calmly as if nothing happened. My “Buttons” were pushed too deep!!!

I also knew Ravi would get anxious, a little, and would place a call. But my mind was not ready to hear his voice so soon. Enraged, I switched off my mobile. I crossed the bridge to the other end to go home. Yes, I did not want to go to Satsang now. So I got on the other platform and sat on the bench.

Now, I saw that my hand was almost trembling with anger. That very moment I realised that I was not being myself. I knew it was time to apply knowledge!... What I did then was amazing...

Part II

0 response:

Post a Comment