October 12, 2009

Conquering my fears!

An incident that happened with me on Sunday made me realise that FEAR per se is an illusion. It is what we cook-up in our mental kitchen. I swim regularly but in 1.5 meter dept of the pool. The deepest end of the pool is 2.0meters. That's were my feet do not touch the pool floor. I had a big mental block of going to the deep end. In the pool I swim the majority of the crowd is at the shallow end (1m. deep) And at the deepest end there are hardly 2 to 3 swimmers. So I always wished to reach that end one day. Yesterday was the day! My friend, Nikhil, coaxed me towards the deep end. I mustered great courage and moved forward. The experience after reaching the deep end without breathing-in the water was ABSOLUTELY EXHILARATING!!! Its true that Dharr se age badho, Dharr ke age Jeet hai! (Move beyond fear, Success lies beyond fear.) I have a goal of completing 4000 meters of freestyle swimming in one shot. And conquering the primal fear has helped me move ahead towards completing the goal. If any one of you (readers) are interested in knowing the techniques or tips on swimming then you can mail me at the address given in the Mail Me section (on the right-side of the blog). Jai Gurudev!

0 response:

Post a Comment