May 14, 2009

Geni - Family Tree !!!

Consider this situation: You are attending your relative's wedding and someone just pops up from the crowd and says, "Hi recognised me?? My god Last time I saw you you were so small. May be 10-15 years back right?" You keep wondering who that person is. You mentally climb the "Family Tree" to find the connection. Well, In the era when Social Networking rules, it has become more of a challenge to be socially networked offline. We, now-a-days spend so much time in front of the LCD Flat Screen that the world has started appearing flat! I was very much ashamed when I realised that I could not recognise people from my family tree! Here comes "Geni" to rescue! Geni is also one of a pseudo social networking site. I call it pseudo because, it looks like social networking acts like social networking but actually the purpose to make your family tree. You create an account and add the people in you relation to form a tree. You can also send an invite to them through email to complete the family tree from their side. As more and more people join you tree, your family will start looking more complete. I was surprised to see how big my family tree is! This is really a wonderful site, beautifully managed, lesser stress on bandwidth, lots of peripheral functionalities like statistics(Must check out!) Timeline, relatives, photos, videos and mainy the FAMILY TREE. Joining is very very simple. No much forms to fill. In fact when I got the invite from my uncle, I just clicked the link and my account was created. User name and pasword was automatically generated! No hassles! O.A.K.

0 response:

Post a Comment