September 11, 2008

Economics: A common sense subject

It was Sept 10th 2000, I was studying the most favorite subject among students; ECONOMICS. Exams were just around the corner. I had this book, "Managerial Economics" and spent an hour and a half studying that subject. That time I had not done YES!+ but still my face carried an expression as if I had just completed long kriya. Totally calm & serene. Nothing running in my mind... My head was blank like a recently formatted hard-disk! This subject used to make me introspect a lot. (now I know why I am spiritually inclined!). It used to make me think deeper about the existence of life, human beings and finally, economics. WHY in the earth did humans create ECONOMICS??? It after graduation (in Commerce) I joined Chartered Financial Analyst. CFA in short. Here again Economics came to haunt me! But this time I decided to confront the subject and settle the score once and for all. Fortunately, I found a professor of economics who shared similar interests. He too liked to shoo away the fear of economics from the students' heart. The very first introduction he gave about economics was by saying: "Economics is a common sense subject" Then I started a journey into the world of economics. I started seeing the same boring subject in a different perspective. It now appeared exciting and colorful. This subject really influences people's lives and the nation at large. And now that I have started blogging on variety of subjects, I thought, why not have a posts on economics that brings a paradigm shift in understanding of the subject in a beautiful way? Really this is one subject that anyone with common sense can understand. The subject of Economics is really quite mystical. Even after years of economics evolution people still ask the fundamental question; What to produce? How to produce? How much to produce? It is just like asking the ownself; Who am I? What is the purpose of my life? I really hope you are not asking yourself "why am i reading this?" Enjoy Economics! Enjoy Life!

4 response:

virendra said...

Dear omki,
i always think common sense is very uncommon :)

Faith Lasts said...

Actually, since you have the ability to make bland subjects like Economics and Finance into so much fun, it would be better if you keep the same blog for them
Jai Gurudev

Anand Jage said...

rock on.. please start one or make this one into economics mecca

hariharan said...

wud like to see the posts in the same blog

Post a Comment